Date(s) - 04/04/2019 - 14/04/2019
10:00 am - 10:15 am
Anahata Yoga Retreat
727 Bird Rd
Clifton, Takaka 7183
9-Day residential – including 3 months training package
A professional development course designed for yoga teachers, health and education professionals and or anybody interested in a yogic immersion focused on relaxation techniques. Explore tools to systematically address the tensions in the body, mind and emotions, inducing a deep state of relaxation.
Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga are key practices to equip aspirants and practitioners with yogic skills and techniques for self-support, as well as for clients and/or students. The methods taught in the training will assist in the release of deep muscular, mental and emotional tension, inducing calmness and clarity for a range of life and health situations.
Yoga Nidra is a profound, yet simple, practice that leads to a state of being in which the mind lets go of the external world and turns inwards giving the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society. The mind is gradually trained to connect into tranquility effortlessly. Yoga Nidra systematically releases tension experienced in the muscles, the breath, and the nervous system. Ultimately the practice works directly on the mind to release impressions from the past and anxieties about the future.
Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga
When we have the ability to alter the breath at will, we gain the ability to nourish and optimise the body and manage the mind and emotions. The benefits of Basic Breathing Methods and Restorative Yoga include the dismantling of chronic tension patterns, enhanced immune function, effective cellular respiration, reduced hypertension in the cardiovascular system, reduced mental and emotional tension, a body-mind returned to a natural state of ease and equilibrium.
Applications in professional life
Psychiatrists, psychotherapists, medical and health professionals and yoga teachers in a variety of settings including schools, offices, community centres, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, prisons and nursing homes are using these tools. They may be effective in the management of:
- Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia & Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- High Blood Pressure and Heart Disease
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions and motor impairments
- Chronic fatigue and adrenal issues
- Digestive Issues
- Asthma and Diabetes
The Retreat Programme Includes
10 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
A 10 day Professional Development Residential Retreat which is followed by 3 months training package with course work including MP3 practice sessions undertaken at home.
This comprises a minimum of 2 months of personal practice combined with periods of instruction and theoretical study in both face-to-face and online learning environments.
Once the foundations of personal practice are set, teaching methodology, skills and teaching practice are introduced, working towards a final teaching assessment.
- Restorative Hatha Yoga, breathing practices, Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Mantra Meditation for your own health
- Understanding the techniques of Yoga Nidra & Restorative Yoga from a practical and theoretical point of view
- Option for deep theory sessions including the science behind the techniques
- Immersion into the the yoga lifestyle, with plenty of time for reflection
- SWAN practice
- Other optional theory sessions
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Basic Breathing Techniques including breath and the link with relaxation theory
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness)
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
For Full Retreat Details, please visit our website listing.